Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inspiration is where you find it!


We are frequently asked where we find our inspiration for designing new patterns. While I (Laura) was teaching at Tennessee Quilters last summer I was greeted by an enlarged version of the house pattern featured in our book Q is for Quilt. I had a wonderful time teaching at their annual Quilt Fest , a must go if ever you are in the Jonesborough area. Better yet, plan a trip. It is well worth it!

This shop has everything. Check out their extensive inventory at www.tennesseequilts.com . I was so touched and inspired by the quilt that I shared the idea with Diana.

We expanded on the idea and came up with "Our House" quilt pattern. It was a showstopper and looked so cute in our booth at Market. One local shop liked the pattern but didn't have the Michael Miller flower print on the ground so decided to make their own collage of flowers. What a great idea. We love all the creativity that the patterns inspire. As soon as the quilt returns from the quilter I will post an image so you can all enjoy this adorable new design.

No comments:

Post a Comment